The Associates program provides loyal friends and alumni of the Spears School of Business with the opportunity to remain connected with the school’s progress and to support, enrich, and help guide that progress. The school’s ability to fulfill its mission depends on regular annual support from people who have benefited from its programs in the past and who are committed to the future success of business education at Oklahoma State University. Your membership in The Associates program helps the school to promote and sustain excellence in teaching, research, and outreach.
Opportunities for Service
The Associates serve the Spears School of Business through a number of worthwhile activities, including:
- Identifying and securing appropriate points of contact into the organizations they represent.
- Providing insight into the needs of business, industry, and the institutions employing our graduates and making recommendations regarding the potential impact on instruction, research, and outreach functions.
- Identifying opportunities and assisting in the recruitment of the best and brightest graduate and undergraduate students.
- Participating in the educational experiences of students.
- Identifying and securing appropriate internships and relevant experiences for students.
- Identifying and securing appropriate professional development opportunities for faculty.
- Assisting in securing financial resources for equipment and facilities updating.
- Providing expert counsel and advice to provide a margin of excellence for school programs.
The Associates meet twice annually.
Membership in The Associates is open to Spears School of Business friends and alumni who demonstrate commitment to the school through annual giving, endowment support, and other gifts restricted to the school. Membership will be for a period of one year and can be maintained annually based on stated and demonstrated interest in the school.
- Invitations to all school-sponsored events, including homecoming and various speaker series.
- Opportunity to interact with our students and faculty.
- Complimentary research newsletters, departmental newsletters, and selected faculty publications.
- Recognition in Spears School of Business publications.
- Social functions and opportunities to network with business professionals.
An annual gift of $1,000, or an endowment of $25,000 or more to be paid in three years or less
An annual gift of $3,000 or more or an endowment of $30,000 or more to be paid in three years or less; a representative should be appointed as the Spears School contact person
An annual personal gift of $500. This type of membership is available to individuals 35 years of age and younger.
You may use corporate matching gifts to qualify for membership in the Spears School Associates.
Note: an annual gift of $1,000 or more automatically qualifies you for membership in the University’s President’s Club, which is a gift recognition club for annual donors.