Overview – About the Department of Finance
The Department of Finance is an academic department in the Spears School of Business of Oklahoma State University that:
- Prepares students for successful careers by providing a quality education through the efforts of caring, dedicated, and qualified faculty.
- Conducts basic and applied research on topics of significance to the financial and business community.
- Serves business, government, and non-profit organizations through education and outreach.
- Provides advanced graduate education for students seeking academic or research careers.
The Department of Finance will be nationally recognized for:
- Maintenance of high standards of scholarship and performance;
- Concern for students and their education;
- Placement of graduates;
- Service to the business community;
- A collegial work environment; and
- Continued innovation and improvement.
We seek excellence in all our endeavors, and we are committed to continuous improvement.
- Intellectual Freedom
We believe in ethical and scholarly questioning in an environment that respects the rights of all to freely pursue knowledge.
We are committed to the principles of truth and honesty, and we will be equitable, ethical, and professional.
We believe that serving others is a noble and worthy endeavor.
We respect others’ and value diversity of opinion, freedom of expression, and others ethnic and culture backgrounds.
- Stewardship of Resources
We are dedicated to the efficient and effective use of resources. We accept the responsibility of the public’s trust and are accountable for our actions.
We embrace a culture of mutual respect, caring and positive interaction.