OSU announces new Riata Faculty Fellows
The Spears School of Business and the School of Entrepreneurship at Oklahoma State University are proud to announce the appointment of the second group of Riata Faculty Fellows. Eleven outstanding new individuals were selected this year, bringing the total number of Riata Faculty Fellows to 17.
The fellows represent 15 different departments across the university, making the program the largest and most interdisciplinary of its kind in the nation.
The Riata Fellows Program is a core component of the university-wide entrepreneurship initiative, where the entrepreneurial mindset and core entrepreneurship concepts are applied to disciplines across the campus. Launched in December of 2009, the program offers a unique opportunity for entrepreneurial faculty from any discipline or academic area to be jointly appointed in the School of Entrepreneurship. Fellows are typically appointed for 2 to 3 years to work on research, curriculum development or outreach initiatives that link their home discipline to entrepreneurship.
The fellows come together for a major forum each year to share progress and outcomes from the project on which they are working. They also contribute to ongoing discussions regarding cross-disciplinary applications of entrepreneurship and the development of OSU as an entrepreneurial university.
The 11 new Riata Faculty Fellows include:
- Allen Apblett, associate professor in the Department of Chemistry
- Lloyd Caldwell, associate professor in the Department of Theater
- J. Cecil, associate professor in the School of Industrial Engineering
- Julie Croff, assistant professor in the School of Applied Health and Educational Psychology
- Catherine Curtis, assistant professor in the School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration
- Steve Harrist, associate professor in the School of Applied Health and Education Psychology
- Derina Holtzhausen, associate professor in the School of Media and Strategic Communications
- Kalkan Kaan, assistant professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Dale Maronek, head of the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- Nicholas Materer, associate professor in the Department of Chemistry
- Jane Talkington, Sustainability Scholar in Residence
The returning Riata Faculty Fellows include:
- James Hess, assistant professor of family medicine and chief operating officer for the OSU Center of Health
- Lin Liu, regents professor in the Department of Physiological Studies at the OSU Center for Veterinary Health Sciences
- Melanie Page, professor in the Department of Psychology and director of the OSU Institute for Creativity and Innovation
- Nathan Richardson, assistant professor in the School of Architecture
- Liz Roth, assistant professor in the Department of Art
- Jason Vogel, associate professor in the Department of Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering
The School of Entrepreneurship will be launching a new fellowship for doctoral/senior graduate students across campus in the near future. Also, OSU faculty members wishing to apply to become a Riata Faculty Fellow in 2012-2013 can find more information and the application form by visiting http:entrepreneurship.okstate.edu/fellows.