OSU students and alums impress
at SAS Global Forum 2014
More than 25 Spear School of Business students and alums participated at the SAS Global Forum 2014 on March 23-26 in Washington, D.C. The forum is the premier event for SAS and data mining professionals worldwide. More than 4,500 analytics professionals attended this year.
Oklahoma State University’s students demonstrated their excellence during the event by earning some of the most coveted honors. Pankush Kalgotra received the SAS Ambassador Award, which is the highest honor given by SAS to 15 students worldwide. Vandana Reddy and Suman Rachapudi both earned global forum student scholarship awards that are given by SAS to 20 students worldwide.
“I am so proud of our students’ achievements. With Pankush’s selection, this is four years in a row that an OSU student has been honored as the SAS Ambassador, and including Vandana and Suman, this is five years in a row that OSU students have won scholarship awards at SAS Global Forum,” said Goutam Chakraborty, professor of marketing at OSU and founder of the SAS and OSU data mining certificate program.
“We are by the far one of the largest contributors of research papers/posters at SAS conferences not just this year but for the last several years.”
Many OSU students, faculty and alums presented papers on topics such as text mining, customer segmentation and predictive modeling at the SAS Global Forum 2014. The presenters and their paper titles include:
- Goutam Chakraborty, “Analysis of Unstructured Data: Applications of Text Analytics and Sentiment Mining”
- Sai Vijay Kishor Movva, “Internet Gambling Behavioral Markers: Using the Power of SAS® Enterprise Miner™ 12.1 to Predict High Risk Internet Gamblers” and “Survival of Your Heart: Analyzing the Effect of Stress on a Cardiac Event and Predicting the Survival Chances”
- Linda Schumacher, “Clustering and Predictive Modeling Patient Discharge Records with SAS Enterprise Miner” and “Disease Prevention to Reduce New Hampshire Health-Care Claims and Costs: A Data Mining Approach”
- Aditya Datla, “Application of Text Mining in Tweets Using SAS® and R, and Analysis of Change in Sentiments toward Xbox One Using SAS® Sentiment Analysis Studio”
- Amit Kushwah, “The Role of Customer Response Models in Customer Solicitation Center’s Direct Marketing Campaign”
- Pruthvi Bhupathiraju Venkata, “Dining with the Data: The Case of New York City and Its Restaurants”
- Pankush Kalgotra, “Association Mining of Brain Data: An EEG Study”
- Meizi Jin, “A Way to Fetch User Reviews from iTunes Using SAS®”
- Vandana Reddy, “The soccer Oracle: Predicting Soccer Game Outcomes Using SAS Enterprise Miner” and “Predicting the success of newly released free android apps using SAS Enterprise Miner’s predictive models and SAS Sentiment Analysis studio”
- Yogananda Domlur Seetharama, “Assessing the Impact of Factors in a Facebook Post that Influence the EdgeRank Metric of Facebook Using the Power Ratio”
- Prateek Khare, “Using SAS® Enterprise Miner™ to Predict the Injury Risk Involved in Car Accidents” and “Using SAS® Time Series Analysis and Forecasting to Understand Major U.S. Airlines Stock Price Fluctuations”
- Gaurav Pathak, “Predicting a Child Smoker Using SAS® Enterprise Miner™ 12.1”
- Giri Prakash, “Americas Engagement in Fitness & Outdoor Activities: Sentiment Analysis of Tweets Using SAS® Sentiment Analysis Studio 12.1”
- Prasanna K S Sailaja Bhamidi, “Prediction of rise in sea level by memory based reasoning model using SAS Enterprise Miner 12.1”
- Suman Rachapudi, “Association of Socio-Emotional Factors: Religious Affiliation, Depression to Suicidal Tendency Among Adolescent Girls”
The SAS and OSU data mining certificate program is the largest data mining program in the United States. OSU’s students are among the most prolific in receiving national and international attention since the data mining program began in 2004.
Data mining is the exploration and analysis of large quantities of data in order to discover meaningful patterns and rules, and SAS is a leading provider of data mining software and solutions. The SAS Global Forum offers unequaled educational opportunities for attendees and provides a means for SAS software users to network and exchange ideas.
For additional information on the OSU and SAS data mining certificate programs, visit http://analytics.okstate.edu, or contact Chakraborty at 405-744-7644 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about SAS Global Forum 2014, visit https://support.sas.com/events/sasglobalforum/2014/.