OSU’s Big Data Analytics Conference
scheduled for February in Tulsa
The third annual Big Data Analytics Conference, sponsored by the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University, will take place from 9 a.m.-4p.m. on Feb. 15 at the Renaissance Hotel in Tulsa.
The focus of the Big Data Analytics Conference is the management and strategic impact that big data can have on a company or organization. The speakers of the conference will share their experiences of maximizing the use of big data within their own companies and industries. An optional luncheon presentation by John Rossman, author of “The Amazon Way,” will be available to those interested from 12-1:30 p.m. for an additional fee.
“If you are a business professional who is interested in exploring analytics applications and processes for implementing big data initiatives in your organization, this conference is perfect for you,” said Ramesh Sharda, vice dean for OSU’s Watson Graduate School of Management and co-faculty coordinator for the conference. “We have designed this cross-industry conference to be applicable and beneficial for organizations no matter their current level of big data use and experience.”
Speakers at the conference include:
- Andrea Lopus Cardozo, Head of Consumer Insights, Brand and Product Marketing, Pandora, San Francisco, Calif.
- Jeremy Clopton, Big Data and Analytics Practice Leader, BKD LLP, Springfield, Mo.
- Bill Franks, Chief Analytics Officer, Teradata, Atlanta, Ga.
- Randy Collica, Principal Solutions Architect, SAS Institute, Oklahoma City
- Sarah Halley, Chief of Staff, Strategy and Planning, Global Virtual Sales and Customer Success, Cisco Systems, Oklahoma City
- Mark Nance, Vice President, Chief Information Officer, American Fidelity, Oklahoma City
- Amanda Gulino, Business Operation Manager, Strategy and Planning, Global Virtual Sales and Customer Success, Cisco System, Boston, Mass.
- Angela Nichols, Director, IT Planning and Analytics OGE Energy Corp., Oklahoma City
Registration is available for individuals or for groups of eight or more. Individual registration is $225 for the Big Data Analytics Conference or $310 for the conference plus the Tulsa Business Forum luncheon presentation. Registration for groups of eight or more is $195 per person for the Big Data Analytics Conference or $280 per person for the conference plus the Tulsa Business Forum luncheon presentation.
To register, visit cepd.okstate.edu/big-data/. For more information about the Big Data Analytics Conference, or to learn how you can participate as a sponsor, contact Krysta Gilbert at email@example.com or call 405-744-5208.
American Fidelity and Matrix Service Company are Gold sponsors of the conference. Silver conference sponsors are ISN and OSU Center for Health Sciences.