OSU Cyber Security Conference features
experts from across the United States
Cyber security is one of the hottest topics in corporate America today, and the second annual Oklahoma State University Cyber Security Conference will feature cyber security experts from across the country.
The conference is from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. April 28 at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City.
With an increase in the risk and sophistication of cyber attacks, there is a growing need for businesses to adapt strategies to protect business and personal information. In this conference, experts will help participants understand risks that their organizations face, define the nature and motive of different threats, and develop cyber security strategies.
“This conference is perfect for companies who are interested in the latest in corporate cyber security threats and the novel strategies used in their prevention,” Rick Wilson, head of the OSU Department of Management Science and Information Systems, said. “This annual conference reflects the outreach portion of the MSIS department’s long standing commitment and our 10-plus years in being an NSA Center of Academic Excellence to cybersecurity education as also evidenced by our top notch undergraduate and graduate programs in Information Assurance and Security.”
The conference is designed for senior-level leaders, human resource and information technology management and professionals, operational technology specialists, systems and data administrators, and other business leaders involved in the decision-making process for cyber security strategy, implementation and management.
At 8 a.m., a pre-conference table topics discussion session will be held for networking purposes. This session will encourage open and candid exchanges where participants can ask questions and share experiences. Conference presentations will be 9:15 a.m.-4 p.m. Speakers include:
- Tim Pierson, marketing partner of Data Sentry, one of the world’s leading trainers in technology, networks, virtualization and applications, Dallas,
- Georgia Weidman, founder and chief technology officer of Shevirah, Inc., author of“Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking,” 2016, Ashburn, Virginia,
- Daniel Ford, computer forensic analyst and tactical security engineer offering services before, during and/or after security incidents for Rook Security, Carmel, Indiana,
- Nikk Gilbert, director of global information protection and assurance at ConocoPhillips, experience with large multinational organizations such as U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Navy, Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
A panel session focusing on “Cyber Security Considerations for Your Business and Incident Response” will feature:
- Mark Davis, vice president of cybersecurity and enterprise systems for Sonic Drive-In, Inc., Oklahoma City,
- Ken Harmon, chief information security officer for Koch Industries, Inc., Wichita, Kansas,
- Lydia Hixon, manager of information security, Love’s Travel Stops and Country Stores, Oklahoma City.
“We appreciate the help of our OSU Cyber Security advisory board for helping us identify speakers for the conference,” Sarah Williams, program coordinator for the OSU Center for Executive and Professional Development, said. “Some of these board members will also help facilitate an early morning session at the conference addressing topics of specific interest to attendees.”
Gold sponsors of the conference are Cox Communications, Dolese Bros. Co., OGE, and Stinnett & Associates. This conference is presented by the OSU Department of Management Science and Information Systems, the Spears School of Business, and the OSU Center for Executive and Professional Development.
Registration for the OSU Cyber Security Conference is $225 per person. A discounted rate of $195 per person is available for groups of eight or more who register together. Sponsorships are still available.
To register or for more information, visit https://cepd.okstate.edu/openenrollment/conferences/cyber-security/ or contact Williams at 405-744-5208 or 866-678-3933 or by email at email@example.com.