Certificate Series for Emerging Leaders
in Manufacturing Hosted by OSU
The 2017 Certificate for Emerging Leaders in Manufacturing, hosted by the Oklahoma State University Spears School of Business, will take place at the OSU-Tulsa campus between June and October.
This multi-day certificate program will consist of 10 sessions and will help emerging leaders reflect on the leadership styles that work best for them and their employees. The program includes individual leadership, organizational and team development sessions.
Each session in this series will be held from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. The schedule of presentations includes the following:
- June 14 – “Supervisory Program: Understanding Your Changing Role,” Matt Bowler, Ph.D.
- June 28 – “Supervisory Program: Mentoring and Coaching for Outstanding Performance,” Raj Basu, Ph.D.
- July 12 – “Professional Business Email Writing and Etiquette,” Kim McCrackin
- 2 – “Finance for Managers,” Dave Carter, Ph.D.
- 16 – “Increasing Productivity through Accountability,” Lee Manzer, Ph.D.
- 30 – “Crucial Communications,” Bryan Edwards, Ph.D.
- 13 – “Process Improvement and Project Management,” Marc Tower
- 27 – “Leading Change,” Matt Bowler, Ph.D.
- 11 – “Empowering Employees to Take Ownership,” Toby Joplin, Ph.D.
- 24 – “Critical Thinking: Leading Innovation and Value Creation,” Andy Urich, J.D.
Participants will earn an emerging leader in manufacturing certificate after completion of eight of the 10 sessions. This certificate is worth up to 2.4 CEUs (24 hours/8 sessions) or 28.8 CPE credits. Individual sessions are worth .3 CEUs or 3.6 CPE credits.
Registration is $250 per session or a discounted fee of $2,000 for all ten sessions per person (20% discount). An additional discount is available if three or more attendees from the same company register for all 10 sessions, which is $1,800 per person (28% discount). Fees include assessments, case studies, instruction, materials and refreshments each day.