OSU School of Accounting presents annual Accounting Conferences in Tulsa
The School of Accounting at Oklahoma State University will be hosting the 13th Annual Oil and Gas Accounting Conference and the 17th Annual Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference on Nov. 16-17 in Tulsa.
“The School of Accounting is thrilled to bring these industry experts to Oklahoma and the accounting and business community,” said George Krull, interim head of the School of Accounting. “These conferences provide an excellent opportunity for participants to learn and network with other professionals who are facing the same issues.”
This conference is for all professionals involved in accounting and financial reporting. Attendees will earn five CPE credits by attending the 13th Annual Oil and Gas Accounting Conference and eight CPE credits including two hours of ethics by attending the 17th Annual Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference.
“I’m excited by all of the excellent information that these national industry experts will be bringing to the conference,” said Dan Gillam, Oil and Gas Accounting Conference chair and moderator. “Conference attendees will learn technical and invaluable information on pertinent issues related to the current conditions of the industry.”
The 13th Annual Oil and Gas Accounting Conference will be held at the DoubleTree Hilton Hotel in downtown Tulsa from noon-5p.m. Thursday, Nov. 16. The conference speakers are:
- Chris Delk, Vice President, General Tax Counsel, ConocoPhillips, Houston
- Jonathan Duersch, Associate Chief Accountant, Office of the Chief Accountant, U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C.
- Michael Flickinger, Advisor, Customs and Accounting, American Petroleum Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Byrony Coan, Director, Upstream, Opportune, LLP, Houston
- Bill Hale, Principal, Advisory Services, EY, Houston
The Oil and Gas Accounting Conference platinum sponsor is Opportune and gold sponsors are BKD, ConocoPhillips, Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, OSU Foundation, Phillips 66, and Stinnett.
The 17th Annual Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference will be at the DoubleTree Hilton Hotel in downtown Tulsa from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17. The conference moderator is Melanie Harvey, Instructor of Professional Practice at the OSU School of Accounting. The conference speakers are:
- Melissa Rocha, Senior Assistant Chief Accountant, Division of Corporation Finance, Securities and Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C.
- John Fiebig, Senior Deputy Director, PCAOB, Dallas
- Harold L. Monk Jr., Board Member, Financial Accounting Standards Board, Norwalk, Conn.
- Ken Cameron, Director, Compensation and Benefits Consulting, Grant Thornton LLP, Atlanta
- Lee Manzer, Professor, School of Marketing and International Business, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Okla.
- John Brittain, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Houston
- Keith Waldrop, Oil and Gas Senior Manager, Deloitte, Houston
- Ted Timmermans, Vice President, Controller, Chief Accounting Officer, The Williams Companies Inc., Tulsa
- Tom Sell, Vice President, Controller, Chief Accounting Officer, SemGroup Corporation, Tulsa
- Jeremy Clopton, Director, Big Data and Analytics, Digital Forensics, BKD, LLP, Springfield, Mo.
The Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference platinum sponsors is Opportune, and gold sponsors are BKD, ConocoPhillips, EY, and Phillips 66; and silver sponsors are Deloitte, Grant Thornton, Halliburton, PwC and Stinnett.
Cost of attendance is $205 per person for the 13th Annual Oil and Gas Accounting Conference and $345 per person for the 17th Annual Accounting and Financial Reporting Conference. Early bird and group discounts are available. Register at https://business.okstate.edu/cepd/acct-tax/acctfrc/index.html or by calling 405-744-5208.
The OSU Center for Executive and Professional Development in the Spears School of Business fulfills compelling executive, management and professional educational needs to business and industry. For more than 60 years, the CEPD has played a vital role in Oklahoma’s economic growth by offering over 200 programs to more than 14,250 individuals each year. These programs include public and on-site executive and professional development programs and conferences, and retreat and conference planning. For more information or to enroll, call (405)744-5208 or visit cepd.okstate.edu.