Oklahoma State University offers Certificate in
Management and Leadership Seminars
The Oklahoma State Spears School of Business will be offering the second Certificate of Effective Management and Leadership in Oklahoma City. These seminars will span March 27-Nov. 14 and will be held at the OSU-OKC campus. The session on April 19 will be held at the OAEC Conference Center in Oklahoma City.
This Certificate of Effective Management and Leadership program helps participants learn to build and work effectively with teams, communicate effectively with individuals inside and outside an organization, and learn to resolve various types of conflict within the workplace. Participants will gain practical skills in managing projects while making agile decisions on behalf of a team and organization. These sessions are taught by faculty in the OSU Spears School of Business.
Speakers and topics within the series include:
- “Superstar! Put your team and Company First: An Employee’s Guide to advancement and Success” by Dr. Raj Basu, March 27
- “Stories from the Past: Managing the Future” by Dr. Lee Manzer, April 19
- “Performance Management” by Dr. Bryan Edwards, May 16
- “Achieving Inclusion Amidst Unconscious Bias (Webinar*)” by Dr. Lex Smith-Washington, June 6-7
- “Groupthink and Other Decision Pitfalls” by Dr. Matt Bowler, June 13
- “Creating and Developing High Performance Teams” by Dr. Raj Basu, July 18
- “From Traditionals to Generation Z: Leading Generations at Work” by Dean Ken Eastman, August 29
- “The Power of Influence” by Prof. Andrew Urich, Sept. 11
- “Growth Mindset: The Key to Strategic Development” by Abbey Davis, MBA, October 17
- “Leadership Skills for the Emerging Leader” by Dr. Matt Bowler, November 14
Registrations are $250 per session per person. A discount is available for registrations of eight or more at $225 per person. Participants are required to attend a minimum of eight out of ten sessions in order to receive the OSU Certificate of Effective Management and Leadership but are encouraged to attend all ten. Participants will earn .3 CEU’s (Continuing Education Units) for each session. Individual (non-certificate track) participants are also encouraged to attend any session in which he or she desires to improve their professional development skills.
For more information or to register, please visit https://business.okstate.edu/cepd/open-enrollment/pds/certificate-of-effective-management-and-leadership.html or call 405-744-5208.