Top row: Gonzalo Morillas, Gage Calhoon, Claudio Ferrer and Darcy Worth. Bottom row: Alexis Miller, Hammons Hepner, Nathan Herrmann, Erin Hart.
Eight Spears School of Business students have been selected as Oklahoma State University Seniors of Significance for the 2017-2018 academic year by the OSU Alumni Association.
The Seniors of Significance Award recognizes students who have excelled in scholarship, leadership and service to campus and community, while bringing distinction to OSU. The eight Spears Business students are among 48 winners campus-wide.
The Spears School of Business Seniors of Significance, with their hometown and major:
- Gage Calhoon, Finance, Tulsa
- Claudio Ferrer, Economics and Finance, Enid
- Erin Hart, Marketing, Edmond
- Hammons Hepner, Agricultural Economics and Finance, Freedom
- Nathan Herrmann, Accounting, Stillwater
- Alexis Miller, Management Information Systems and Management, Aurora, Colo.
- Gonzalo Morillas, Finance and Marketing, Lima, Peru
- Darcy Worth, Management and Marketing, Tahlequah
Homecoming was still one week away but Oklahoma State University economics alumnus James Bishop (Ph.D., 2016) made an early pilgrimage back to his alma mater at Spears School of Business in early October.
Born and raised on the big island of Hawaii, Bishop made his decision to come to OSU as an undergraduate student like he appears to make every decision, methodically and well-researched.
“I knew I was a National Merit Scholar, and when the scholarship offers started coming in, the very best offer was from OSU. So, that made my decision for me,” he said. “I looked it up and the best LSAT scores came from economics and math majors, so I majored in economics.”